Position Overview & Responsibilities
Think Glink Media has an immediate opening for a talented and enthusiastic full-time writer. We’re looking for someone with strong communication skills who thrives on challenges in a fast-paced environment to join our award-winning team. Candidate must have at least one year of experience writing for online audiences. You will write and edit content for various platforms, including websites, blogs, newsletters, ebooks, speeches, email campaigns and marketing programs.
- Conduct in-depth research online, by phone or in-person.
- Conduct phone and in-person interviews for blogs and articles
- Brainstorm and enterprise original story ideas
- Manage multiple writing assignments from editors on deadline
- Write and edit engaging content via words, photos, charts and graphs
- Collaborate with content editors on editorial/production calendar
- Communicate with clients by phone and email
- Build and cultivate relationships with clients and sources
- Engage in social media campaigns for our clients and our brand.
- Bachelors in journalism, communications or related field required
- 1-3 years experience conducting interviews and research
- 1-3 years experience writing and editing
- Knowledge of AP style guide
- Ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and verbal format, and build and maintain relationships
- Responsible and capable of meeting tight deadlines
- Ability to work individually on a project and in a team environment
- Creative, confident, well-organized and self-motivated
- Proficient in the use of content management systems
- Understand the principles of SEO and how to use them
- Knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google+, etc
- Personal finance or real estate writing experience a plus
Our office is located in Glencoe, a suburb north of Chicago. We’re easily accessible by public transportation.
Send cover letter, resume and 2-3 recent writing samples to email@example.com.