Position Overview & Responsibilities
Think Glink Media has an immediate opening for a creative and motivated full-time communications associate to help with public relations, marketing and content production. We’re looking for someone with strong written and verbal communication skills who thrives on challenges in a fast-paced environment to join our award-winning team. You must have at least one year of experience in marketing or public relations, along with experience writing for online audiences. You will create, write and edit content, including blogs, newsletters, email campaigns and news releases.
- Develop and write content for use across a variety of communication channels including traditional marketing collateral, digital marketing (website & email blasts) and social media
- Help develop and execute new communications strategies that support and promote major initiatives and projects, including webinars, seminars, launch events, etc.; identify needs, objectives and design approaches; develop schedules and budgets as required for each project
- Assist with planning and executing marketing events for clients, including pre and post meeting planning and onsite coordination
- Prepare marketing presentations for client events
- Develop and maintain communications database, includes key contacts in the industry and local players, to be utilized for press releases, media advisories, etc.
- Create, update and maintain talking points and storyline documents and work with local PR contacts
- Build and cultivate relationships with clients and sources
- Coordinate metrics, tracking and communication of key marketing and communication initiatives
- Ensure all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice, and optimized for search and user experience for all channels of content including online, social media, email, mobile, video and all traditional marketing communications delivery channels.
- Bachelor’s in marketing, public relations, journalism or related field required
- 1-3 years experience working in marketing or public relations
- 1-3 years experience writing and editing
- Ability to take the lead on projects and identify key opportunities from a marketing communications prospective
- Ability to prioritize multiple communications-related projects and work well under pressure
- Ability to think critically and craft messages for targeted audiences
- Self-motivated with strong interpersonal skills, able to anticipate office needs, work independently, responsibly and professionally
- Knowledge of AP style guide
- Strong writing, copy-editing and proofreading skills on short deadlines
- A high-level of drive, discipline and creativity
- Possess a firm understanding of digital platforms and media, and how to navigate the digital landscape to produce desired company communications results
- Understand the principles of SEO and how to use them
- Knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google+, etc
- Personal finance or real estate writing experience a plus
Send cover letter, resume and writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.